Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tired...so very tired

So I had a plan today.  Last night was a very late night, what with Alex graduating and then dinner with the family.  When I woke up this morning, I figured that I would start my laundry, vacuum, run out to the new house and grab the lawn mower, get gas and mow the lawn at the old house.  Then I would go back out to the new house, spend 2 hours painting – 3 hours max – take a shower out there and come home to finish laundry.  I thought that maybe I could relax and enjoy a little bit of my Sunday, since I was sore and tired…only it didn’t go exactly like that.

I did everything that I planned – I finished painting the bedroom, the sewing room and the living room, save for peeling off the painters tape.  At about 2:30, I decided to call it quits and headed to the bathroom to shower when my parents showed up.  They wanted to mow the rest of the lawn (there is a LOT to mow), Dad needed my help building shelves in my shed, fixing the basement stairs and then he changed out my door handles (so I have new locks, which makes me feel better  – I didn’t like not knowing who might have had extra keys to my house!). 

By the time we finished and left my house, it was 6:30.  I ended up showering at the old house while Mum & Dad went to pick up dinner.  They left at 8:00 and only now have I gotten the chance to sit down, relax and enjoy my Sunday.  Too bad I’m exhausted and can only think about crawling into bed!

I’m thankful that I’m closer to being finished and that I only have to finish the stairs and upper hall.  There are a few touch ups, but I’m so tired of painting that I don’t care anymore!  I’ll hang pictures and put furniture in front of those spots!  I just want to move, but it’s looking more and more like July 3rd. 20 more days…I just can’t wait!

No comments: