Monday, June 21, 2010

Kitchen Curtain Fabric

While I have been obsessing about the craft studio, before that I was obsessing about kitchen curtain fabric.  Originally, I wanted a fabric from Sandy Gervais' "Fall Back in Time" collection:

 but this line is three years old and I didn't find anyone who had mass quantities of it to make 2 sets of tier curtains, a full curtain and a valance.  I even had my aunt in Maryland looking for me!

Then I thought, "oooh, Julie Paschkis’ Folklorica fabric collection," but it doesn't come in cream and even though the black and brown backgrounds do make the other colors on the fabric pop, they are just too dark for that kitchen.
 

On Saturday, Mum and I went couch shopping and didn't find a thing, but stumbled upon this fabric that isn't even remotely similar to what I had in mind, yet it matches the kitchen really well!  I love it!  I bought the rest of the bolt (7 3/8 yards) and got it for $23!  Had I bought fabric from either of the other lines, I would have spend triple that!

I'm very happy with my purchase!  Now if I could only find a couch...

No comments: