Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sometimes Me & a Hammer are a Dangerous Combination



+
STRESS RELIEF!!!


I went to check on the house yesterday at lunch, because a major thunderstorm blew through on Sunday (while I was visiting my folks) and friends of mine had a huge tree in their yard uproot and fall!  I hadn’t been out there since Saturday and I wanted to make sure that nothing happened out at the house…and nothing did.  It didn’t even look like we had a storm there (which is all of 10 minutes from my friends). 

But while I was out there, I thought that I would open up the windows upstairs and leave them open to circulate some air, since I was coming back in the evening.  I was just about to leave when I heard the bedroom door slam shut (gust of wind made it happen) and when I got upstairs to reopen it, it was locked!  I don’t ever remember locking that door!  I’ve shut and opened it a hundred times and now all of a sudden it’s locked?  And there is no key for the damn thing!  I was cranky, but I had to get back to work and I figured that if a credit card didn’t do it, I could figure out a way to secure one of the big ladders from the old house on my vehicle and climb through one of the bedroom windows.

When I got back out there at 6:00, the door mangled a credit card and it was just hot and humid enough to make me oh so much crankier, as the sweat poured off me and I wasn’t going to run back in town just to load up a ladder and run back out there to try to climb through a window…so I grab a hammer and beat the knob off.

Strangely, I felt so much better after that!  I went down and ate dinner, then started scrubbing the metal shelves to prepare them for spray paint.  I even got one of them painted a very bright blue!  I guess I just needed to get my aggressions out and the door knob bore the brunt.  The bedroom needed a new handle anyway…as does the basement, but I refrain from beating the crap out of that one!

No comments: