Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Painting Painting Painting



I feel better.  I went to the house yesterday and the trash was gone, the keys were there and I met the tenants.  They are very nice people.  He’s in the Reserves and will be shipping out in a year for a year stint in Afghanistan; she’s a stay at home mom to 2 adorable little boys. I feel better about the neighbors now.

Mum & I wire brushed the basement walls and will start painting today.  Dad secured my water pipe (as it was loose and wobbling all over the place).  I washed down the walls in the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge.   I picked up all the little things that you need right away that you don’t realize you need until you’re out there, like the cordless drill, paper towels and toilet paper, hand soap, a radio, a trash can and trash bags, ceiling paint and KILZ, the paint stirrer that attaches to the drill.  I made about 3 trips back in town for forgotten items.

There are a million things I’d like to do right away, like wash the windows, but those can be done some weekend AFTER the place is painted; that needs to get done first!  I had to clean out the fridge because it disgusted me.  And knowing that my fridge is clean makes me feel better about putting my food in there.  I cleaned the bathroom first thing…before anything else, because that grossed me out too.

My deck gets the best direct sunlight from about 11:00 am till the sun sets – it’s wonderful!  It’ll be nice to have the patio table with the umbrella set up out there…granted it’s supposed to rain all day today, so it won’t be so nice today out on the deck.  Oh well, good day to paint the basement…and maybe the bathroom. 

Since I slept so terrible the night before last, I didn’t get half of what I had hoped to finished last night.  By 6:30, I was toast and stumbling tired.  I came home, walked the dog, ate dinner and crashed out at 8:00.  But I woke up at 5:45 this morning, feeling good!  Today, I will get a lot more done and stay later.  If I can get a good 12 hours out there, I’m sure I can put a good dent in my to-do list!

No comments: