Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And the Painting Continues...

After 7 days of (almost) nonstop painting, I'm still not finished...but I am nearing the end.  The kitchen is done, as you can see below.  It went from cream to cinnamon stick and apricot. I know they don't sound like they go, but they do!
Kitchen
Hallway (cinnamon on one side and apricot on the other)

The bathroom is also complete, with the exception of a few touch ups on the ceiling and around the window. Those are minor and can be done at any time.  If you click on the picture, you can expand the view to really get a good look at it.
Bathroom - window and sink view

The rest of the house is in process.  The bedroom has one coat of each of the green (when this photo was taken), but last night I was able to add a second coat of the light green and then ran out midway through the second wall.  So it's back to Home Depot I go today.
Bedroom (before was taken when the previous owners still lived there and we were doing the home inspection - my mother is in the corner and the guy is our real estate agent)

The sewing room now has two coats of light and dark purple, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet and the living room just looks like crap right now, despite 3 coats of yellow paint. It's streaky and there are shadows.  It looks like I've only just base coated it; I should have used primer.  I'm going to tint the primer yellow for the hallway and see if that works (it's the same color as the living room was).  I'm thinking that I'll have to prime over the 3 coats in the living room (which makes those previous 3 coats a waste of time, energy and neck & shoulder pain) and then add another 2 of the yellow to get the living room to stop looking like crap.  I will be so sick of painting by the time this is done!  And I still have shelving units to paint, as well as a headboard, a corner hutch and bench seat.  Ugh, it seems never ending! And I'm back at work during the day, with only 2 hours to paint each night.  When you're doing it by yourself, two hours just doesn't end up being a lot of time. Oh well, it'll get done.

No comments: