Monday, June 28, 2010

Closer and closer to home...

Busy weekend! Mum and I picked strawberries early on Saturday. The fields were all of 10 minutes from my house and were LOADED with beautiful berries! We got to pick our own row (rather than being told what row to pick in) and filled 13 quart boxes in about 45 minutes. And they were only $2.25 a quart!

Also, the raspberries at both the old and new houses are ripening, and soon enough the blackberries will be ready, too! I’ll be loaded down with jam this year!!

Saturday was my nephew’s graduation party. It was well attended with lots of food and a bonfire in the evening. I think everyone had a great time.

Sunday, I got the last of the metal shelving units scraped, painted and put in the basement. I can now start putting stuff downstairs on the shelves and out of the living room (where there are about 2 or 3 dozen boxes waiting to be lugged to the appropriate room and unpacked).

I spent my first night out there on Friday night. Even though the dog barked at every little unfamiliar sound for the first hour, it was quiet and peaceful the rest of the night. I think once she gets used to the place, sleeping out there will be great! This thought was reinforced when I spent Saturday night back in the old house and was woken up at midnight by people hollering to each other on either end of the street! The neighbors around the old house are getting more and more inconsiderate!

By this coming Saturday, I should be in the house with all of my belongings…and the weather is looking good for this!

No comments: