Friday, June 4, 2010

painting and running, running and painting

I’m exhausted!

I’m going to need a vacation from this vacation!  My feet hurt from standing all day, my back hurts from contorting into those hard to paint places and I’m fuzzy from not sleeping well.  I keep waking up in the middle of the night, thinking of everything that I need to get done before Sunday, not to mention cleaning my other house (where I’m currently living paint-free) and doing laundry before I go back to work on Monday.

I ran around so much yesterday that I’m surprised I’m not dizzy.  Mum & I set up the account at the bank for the tenants’ rent to go in and the mortgage to come out of, we returned my set of pans to Kohl’s, returned the eterge to Target (storage unit that goes above the toilet), bought new Calphalon at Bed, Bath & Beyond, went to another bank for Mum to fix a check that they issued her, then off to Family Dollar for curtain rods (as there are none in my house) and finally to the post office to officially change the address and the lock on the mail box at the end of the road. 

We didn’t start painting at the house yesterday until about 1:00, but the kitchen is nearly finished.  I just need to tape off the ceiling and do the upper part of the walls.  The bathroom has a first coat of both colors and Nicky stopped up to chat while I painted.  She’s coming up today to help.  I’m hoping to finish the kitchen, second coat the bathroom, and wash the walls and ceiling in the living room before she gets there so we can start on the

AND the well is fixed!  My brother had to replace all of the wire because there were breaks in the old one that had corroded.  So we have water once again!  Also, he got a job…actually, he got his old job back.  Just before the recession hit 2 years ago, he was laid off from his job as a commercial plumber and had been unemployed ever since.  As of yesterday, his old boss said he had his job back with the same pay and benefits!  Everything is coming up Millhouse for him!

And now I’m off to take a shower and bring Jess to school, as she missed the bus and my sister has already left for work.

No comments: