Saturday, July 10, 2010

One extreme to another


We go from heat wave to pouring rain and high humidity.  You can't even walk upstairs without breaking out in a sweat!

Having almost everything still in boxes has made me feel so disorganized.  I don't really know where anything is and there is still so much to do before I can unpack some stuff.  I realized that what I was missing was a list. Being the Queen of Lists, I tend to write everything down, but I've been going from room to room, unpacking a little here, a little there and really just managing to make a cluttered mess.  So I started a list this morning and managed to get a lot done today.  My dryer is hooked up and my laundry is nearly done.  The bookcase and full length mirrors are painted (spray paint in the basement...maybe not the best idea I've ever had, but they're done!) and I emptied five boxes of books from the corner in the living room.  I also unpacked a box of planting stuff in the shed and set it all up on the shelving unit in there.

I found out today that I really need a dehumidifier; my basement is quite damp, as in water beading up on the lower shelves of the metal shelving units down there.  I should have listened to Dad when he said not to put boxes on those bottom shelves.  Thankfully there were only three and the boxes aren't that wet! 

Ah, the joys of homeownership! But the sunsets make it worth it!

No comments: