Friday, July 9, 2010

It's like a heatwave burning in my heart...

So Maine has been experiencing a heat wave since last Sunday – high 80’s/low 90’s and HUMID!  Like “make you want to melt” humid.  I installed the A/C in the kitchen, turned on the ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom and set up box fans, but that upstairs of this house was like an oven!

I felt bad for the cable guy, who had to be in that hot little room for the majority of the time he was at the house.  BUT, my cable & internet are operational and what’s awesome is that I found the piece of paper that I wrote the password to my router on when I first got the thing last year!  The password was saved on my laptop and I was just able to use my wi-fi at the old house, but I couldn’t let others use their laptop to log on, because the wi-fi was locked and I couldn’t remember the password.  Tuesday, I was able to log back in and actually get my wi-fi up and running at the new house! Super psyched!

The only crappy thing was that at 6:30, the power went out for two hours!  By 8:00, I was so sick of the heat that I took Sadie to the boat landing in town and made her get into the water.  She wasn’t thrilled to get into the water, but loved it when she could get out and shake – Sadie doesn’t swim, she wades and only when she wants to…stubborn dog!  After a quick walk to let the majority of the water drip off the dog, we hit Cumby’s for a Chill Zone (I’m addicted – I blame my niece) and headed back out to the house where the power was on!  I turned the A/C and fans back on, vegged out in front of the TV and BOOM! Power went off again at 9:20.  I was so cranky, I fell asleep on the couch until it came back on at 10:30 and then went to bed.

Knowing that the humidity wasn’t going to get any better, I brought the A/C with the broken slide arm from the basement and installed it ghetto-style (or yankee style, depending on which you’d rather) in the bedroom…with cardboard and duct tape!  Yeah baby!  I didn’t care how it looked, it cooled off that bedroom on Wednesday night and I was able to sleep!

All this heat has made it too hot to unpack, though!

No comments: