Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Maine Quilts 2010

Two more days till one of my favorite summer events – the Pine Tree Quilters Guild’s Maine Quilts 2010!  This is my 5th year attending and I always come home with a million new ideas and inspirations. 

This year, I’m looking for woven quilts (my newest fascination).  I stumbled upon the book “Simply Stunning Woven Quilts” by Anna Faustino and was awestruck by how innovative those quilts looked.  I found a tutorial online (which looks really easy); I just haven’t taken a moment to try it.  Well, that and the fact that I still don’t have a sewing room that isn’t full of boxes yet (hopefully this weekend will put an end to that, because I REALLY need kitchen and bathroom curtains…especially bathroom curtains – I’m convinced that the neighbors down the road can see into my bathroom!). 

Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from the past four “Maine Quilts” shows:
 



For more pictures from the last 4 years, click below:

No comments: