Friday, July 23, 2010

Nothing like a new vacuum!

I broke down and bought myself a new vacuum.  At the old house, we had three vacuums. I had a dead Bissell, my brother had a dead Eureka and we used the 20 year old Frankenstein Kenmore canister vac.  I call it a Frankenstein because it had a wheel that fell off every time you used it, a cord that didn't retract and a power head that came from some vacuum at the dump.  BUT IT WORKED!! That's all that mattered.  

Well, since my brother still lives at the old house, I thought I would be kind and leave him Frankenstein :^) and I went out and bought the cutest little vacuum cleaner on earth!  It's the Hoover Nanolite from Wally World.
I know, it's not about cuteness, it's about how well it works.  I only spent $50, because I didn't need some HUGE $200 to $400 monster vac that has 8,000 attachments and needs an entire closet for storage...I only have a small house.

What sold me on this vacuum was that it had a shut off for the brush, something my Bissell (that I spent $250 on several years ago) did not.  My downstairs is wood laminate and my upstairs is carpet, so this feature is fantastic!  It's bag-less and empties from the bottom, which is kinda cool.  I filled the dirt canister chock-a-block full on the first use...oops.

All in all, I'm very happy with my little purchase. Sadly, the animals are shedding so badly that I could vacuum every day and still not keep up with the cat and dog-hair tumbleweeds!  I don't know if this renewed, extreme shedding is because we're supposed to have more heat, or we're six weeks out from cooler weather...because we are six weeks out from the start of fall!

No comments: