Thursday, July 1, 2010

Load em' up and move em' out!

Juli and Fran helped me move a ton of stuff on Thursday and Friday night, but there still seems to be a ton still left to pack.  But tomorrow is “Moving Day” and I’ll just have to come back on Sunday or Monday for all the stuff that I’ve forgotten.  Thank god it’s only Derek living here and I don’t have to be out by any set time or date! 

I’ve got about a dozen people moving me, four trucks and three SUV’s – I think I’m set!

It seems weird that this is the last night I’ll be spending in this house.  So many memories, good and bad…it’s kind of surreal.  I mean I’ve moved before, but this was always the permanent address; the house that I always came back to.  It was home.  It’s been home all my life.  Definitely some mixed feelings here.  I’m excited for my own place…one that I own and for living alone in my own space, where no one but me decides how to decorate, where the furniture and plates are going.  But I’ll miss my house.  I don’t think it will matter who lives there, it will forever hold a place in my heart. 


What I won’t miss are the neighbors; the ones who talk out in front of my house at midnight, rather than in their own backyard where they won’t bother anyone, the ones who yell to each other across their driveway because they don’t know how to speak in normal tones, the drunken weirdo’s who walk up and down the street in the middle of the night swearing, the teens who are out at all hours during the summer just being annoying, the nursing home staff that smoke out the back of the building at all hours so the smell drifts down into my open windows…yeah, I won’t miss any of that!  Or the street lamp shining into my bedroom at night.

There are a lot of good things about this new place that I know I’m going to enjoy!

No comments: