Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stinky Poo

So my wonderful, sweet dog who NEVER rolls in stinky stuff decided that her first foray into rolling in anything but leaves, clean grass or snow, would be in chicken shit! The perils of free ranging chickens is that their poop is EVERYWHERE!

Sadie and her stuffed chicken

The worst part was that I thought it was me, that I had brushed against it or, worse, gotten it in my hair. I changed my clothes, I checked my boots by the door, but I kept smelling it. I was about to put myself in the shower until I bent down and sniffed her head! Oh, but it was awful! 

I think, even Sadie couldn't stand the smell of herself, because she didn't put up much of a fight when I led her down to the bathroom and put her in the tub.  The dog shampoo that I had did NOT get rid of the smell of chicken poop, no matter how many times I applied it. My own shampoo, though, thankfully did!

Since the incident, I have to keep a close eye on her when she goes down back, near the coop and she wants so desperately to roll.  You can just see it in her face! And apparently rolling on the front lawn is just not as much fun as rolling on the back lawn.

No comments: