Saturday, January 21, 2012

Without Morning TV

Here it is, day one without cable. I know, it sounds like I'm starting my prison diary or something. And I know many, many people live without such a luxury, whether by choice or financial situation. It's just a big change, like the breaking of a bad habit. It's going to take some getting used to.

This morning, before making breakfast, I unearthed my kitchen table. Did you know, if you don't have a ton of stuff piled on it, you can actually sit and eat at your table? Novel concept, I know! I really can't remember when I last sat and ate at the table rather than using it as a catch-all.

I can house the workings of the house clearly; the furnace, the fridge, the washer. Then there are the sounds of bantam Brahma cross chickens in the basement, Ellie purring as she lounges before me, Sadie breathing deeply in sleep on the living room rug. I can actually hear myself think!

Now that I've had my quiet morning to contemplate, it's time to get a jump start on the list before me of all those chores that pile up during the week.


No comments: