Friday, October 19, 2012

Ugh...

I've been lapse in my posting lately due to pain. About a month or so ago, my right shoulder and arm started to hurt. It was a dull ache at first, but it got more intense, as it travelled to my elbow and down to my fingers.

My doctor checked for carpal tunnel, since my day job is fraught with repetitive computer work. But it wasn't that. She also worried about my hands going to sleep on me at night. So she suggested a change in pillow and carpal tunnel gloves at night to stop the hand numbness. It started to work, but my right arm and hand continued to ache.

You don't realize just how much you use your right hand until it hurts so bad that you can't use it for prolonged periods of time!

My mother believes part of it is arthritis (in the hand) and my brother thinks the rest is tennis elbow. This kinda makes sense to me, as I've had tennis elbow before, but never with the hand aching. So rather than shell out more money for the doctor (who wants to prescribe pills), I'm trying the tennis elbow arm band (which I had from years ago) and will be trying a homeopathic arthritis pain reliever that a friend uses.

We'll see how it goes, but I can say that just using the band has started to help! That jaw-clenching ache has started to leave my arm. The hand is a different beast altogether though!

No comments: