Monday, September 24, 2012

The Common Ground Fair

The weather forecast called for sunny and 72 on Saturday. It was neither, but that didn't stop my friend and I from enjoying ourselves! 

We (and about 3,000 others) decided to be there when the gates opened. It was the largest CGF I've ever been to. The resurging interest in farming and homesteading brought out the masses. It was a sea of young hippies, old hippies, farmers, food producers, artists, craftspeople and urbanites from away!

We pet sheep and goats and angora bunnies; ate wood fired pizza and chocolate cheesecake pie cones; stood in awe of the talented artists and oohed over the crafts. I bought a pottery mug with a crow from
Cabin Pottery (new favorite tea mug!).
I also picked up Sweet Annie to hang in my house and a bundle of French Lavender.

I garnered so many ideas from the fair: things to make, things to give as gifts, things to decorate my house with. I wish I had paid more attention to the schedule and sat in on some classes.

Despite the thousands and thousands of people, I really enjoyed myself and can't wait to go next year. Maybe I'll even volunteer!






No comments: