Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting There

While not everything on the list was accomplished this weekend, I feel as though I did quite a bit; much of which  has been just sitting there waiting to be done.

The two biggest, or rather most important, on the list were not done; balancing the checkbook and revamping the budget. While I cleaned the basement and rearranged the living room, I chastised myself for not sitting down and doing those two very important things. But I knew that in their overwhelming nature, they would consume an entire day (did I mention that I'm really slacking on the balancing of the checkbook?). I had to decide that these would be saved for a day when I would not be distracted by all the "other" things that needed to be done.

Despite this, my three day weekend was full. I managed a night at the Windsor Fair, in the rain, and still enjoyed myself. I cleaned the house with more energy than I realized I had and I spent a day at the Lake with my family, where I was able to start the binding on a quilt that has been near completion for three years or more. I have 1 1/2 sides to go and it will be finished!

I also managed to get zucchini, squash and celery from Mum's garden blanched (well not the celery) vacu-sealed and frozen; I made pulled pork and cornbread from cornmeal grown and milled in Maine. Tonight I will be putting together a chicken soup with ingredients from my garden (and my mother's), so I can freeze it for this winter.

I wish I had another day or two, for yardwork and to take a day to paint, because I've been itching to paint and I just haven't taken the time.

It'll come. I just need to manage my time better and realize that, no matter what, the dishes will still be there and the floor doesn't have to be vacuumed right away.



No comments: