Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Seeds, Glorious Seeds

So I had this brilliant idea to go through the Johnny's catalog and flag everything that I wanted to plant this year...maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea:


By my calculations, I've spent over $250 on just seeds...well, not really, but I've tagged $250 worth of seeds!  This was a helpful exercise, though, because now I know what I really do want to plant and what is unnecessary...like 5 different types of lettuce, 6 different types of beans.

I never get all of my seeds in one place. I like to check things out wherever I am.  In fact, I found quite a bit of my veggies, and even a few flowers, while shopping the other day.


I will order some of the funkier, unusual things from Johnny's that I really want, like the purple carrots with the orange inside and the blush potatoes.

I'm itching to start planting, now...even though it's only mid February...in Maine. Planting season is still a ways off, so I'll have to resign myself to planning and dreaming!

No comments: