Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scenes from a Sewing Room

This past weekend was an exploration in creativity thanks to extreme procrastination. I didn't want to organize my paperwork to do taxes (because I have to pay in this year), so I played with fabric instead!

Friday night, my creative muse overtook me and had me rethinking my batiks quilt. The tree, that I wasn't convinced I liked, apparently did not belong because the fusible web lifted off in most places. It was practically falling off! So I got rid of it and replaced it with this:


The idea came from this book that I bought myself for Christmas:


I think it was supposed to represent a dahlia, but I spaced mine out a little more and made it more mandala like. 

There's still a lot of space in the center of this quilt...I don't know if I like or if I should add more rounds to the mandala. And the fabric flowers don't really work with it now, so maybe I'll make a couple of matching throw pills and add them to that.



And I don't know what I'm going to back it with, either.  It'll come to me.  It's only taken 8 months for me to figure out what I wanted for the center...I'm sure it won't take long for me to figure out the backing! :^)

Now I wish I was staying home to play with this, rather than heading off to work!  Blah - no creativity there! But, hi ho hi ho...

No comments: