Friday, May 28, 2010

I am now a homeowner!


As of 4:30 pm (and after signing my name to about a million pieces of paper), I became a homeowner!  The funny thing was that I knew the wife of the couple selling the house - she is the cousin to my childhood best friend (who passed away shortly after high school).

It doesn't seem real yet, because the sellers' need Saturday and Sunday to move all of their stuff out.  I'm hoping that by Sunday morning or afternoon, they'll be done and I can get out there just to figure out what I need to do - clean up, check paint colors (as I've changed them about a dozen times now), see what needs to be fixed, etc.

It won't hit me until everything is done, I've moved in and I'm actually sleeping out there, that it's mine.  

God, I can't wait for the sellers to move!!

In celebration of buying the house, my folks, my friend Nicky and I packed a picnic style dinner and headed downtown for one of the best fireworks displays I have ever seen!  It was phenomenal! 

But now it's time for bed...so tired!

No comments: