Thursday, November 1, 2012

Latest Project

Deer and tree by faerytreecreations
Deer and tree, a photo by faerytreecreations on Flickr.

Last Sunday before the hurricane, when the potential projectiles were put away and the house was clean, I sat down for a little movie watching and a little crafting.

I had seen this little deer in a magazine and fell in love with him! And without reading the directions (we don't need no stinking directions), I set to work on him and I have to say that I'm very impressed with my final product, especially since I didn't read the directions!

He seemed a little lonely though, so I free handed a tree on plastic template stock, cut out three of them (actually I took the felt and folded into thirds, then cut it so all the pieces are pretty much identical). Then I stitched the tree up without any stuffing. Because it's a three sided tree, it stands on its own like a little tripod.

I have my next deer and tree already cut out, but I haven't started stitching them.  I made the tree bigger, this time around. I had thought about giving them as gifts, but I don't know if my hands can handle all that stitching...and I think it would be a pain in the ass to machine stitch, since he's small.

My goal this Christmas is to decorate more naturally inside with boughs and berries and garlands, soft decorations, birch branch candle holders and my village, of course. I just really love seeing nature inspired decorations and that's what I see here for this year. Not the wild colors, no plasticy garlands, just lots of little lights, some snowy sparkle and a full sized tree with popcorn, cranberries and dried orange slices wrapped around it.

I love Christmas!

No comments: